TV advertising is so expensive, and fleeting, as you struggle to break through the glut of 200+ cable/satellite channels and get noticed. The same is true when you advertise on radio, especially with satellite radio competing with local stations.
Newspaper advertising is likewise so expensive, plus it’s on smeary newsprint that’s thrown out with tomorrow’s trash. A magazine like Midwest Today, on the other hand, has articles that attract and hold reader attention. We are kept around, read, re-read and savored.
Also keep in mind you are missing an entire market segment when you only use local or statewide TV/radio or newspapers. That's because travelers do not know what local stations to tune in, and if they buy a newspaper at their hotel/motel, it's likely to be a national paper (like USA Today). YOU ARE NOT REACHING THIS IMPORTANT AUDIENCE OF UPSCALE TRAVELERS with your local/state media buys.
But Midwest Today can reach this important demographic of people with money who travel, who are seeking ideas and consumables to enrich their lives. That's because — besides mailing to subscribers — we also place copies directly in the rooms of numerous hotels/motels, where the copies (and your ads) are seen.
Magazines like Midwest Today also offer other distinct advantages. Consider the following:
1. Magazine readership has grown over the past five years.
2. 4 out of 5 adults read magazines.
3. Magazines deliver more ad impressions than TV or Web in half-hour period.
(Source: McPheters & Company)
4. Magazine readership in the 18 to 34 segment is growing.
5. Since Facebook was founded, magazines gained more than one million young adult readers.
6. The average reader spends 43 minutes reading each issue.
7. Magazines are the No. 1 medium of engagement – across all dimensions measured. Simmons’ Multi-Media Engagement Study find magazines continue to score significantly higher than TV or the Internet in ad receptivity and all of the other engagement dimensions, including “trustworthy” and “inspirational.”
(Source: Simmons Multi-Media Engagement Study)
8. Magazines and magazine ads garner the most attention: BIGresearch studies show that when consumers read magazines they are much less likely to engage with other media or to take part in the non-media activities compared to the users of TV, radio or the Internet.
(Source: BIGresearch Simultaneous Media Usage Study)
9. Magazines outperform other media in driving positive shifts in purchase consideration/intent.
(Source: Dynamic Logic)
10. Magazines rank No. 1 at influencing consumers to start a search online – higher than newer media options.
(Source: BIGresearch Simultaneously Media Usage Study)
And we invite you to download our Media Kit (by clicking the link below), and giving us a call so we can chat about how Midwest Today can help you reach your ideal demographic for pennies per inquiry.Call JULIE JORDAN today! 641-431-1305.
Copyright 2013 by Midwest Today. All rights reserved.